Learn About Travel Nursing
Travel nursing began in the 1980s when healthcare facilities began experiencing staffing challenges due to seasonal fluctuations and nursing shortages.
In search of a solution, hospitals turned to companies that represented nurses who would work short-term assignments. Since then facility managers have recognized that travel healthcare professionals could be the ongoing solution to many of their staffing needs. Today, a well-qualified nurse can find stimulating travel nursing positions at hospitals across the United States any time of the year.
How To Find Travel Nursing Positions
That’s where MedEx® comes in. Because we offer travel nursing assignments in thousands of facilities in all 50 states, you can choose the exact one that’s right for you. From the bustling boulevards of America’s major cities, to quaint seaside towns, to rural destinations nestled in the mountains, the plains or the desert, chances are we have several travel nursing positions that would be ideal for you.
Are you ready to live to your full potential?
Have you always longed to visit New England in the fall or Arizona in the winter? How about California in the summertime and Florida in spring? As a traveling healthcare professional, you’re in control of when and where you work. You’re free to explore a new destination every few months or you can settle in one area and experience all its seasons. If you want to stay close to home, you can enjoy top assignments in your local area.
When you work as a Medical Express traveler, you can:
- Enjoy lucrative assignments from coast to coast. Choose a location and we’ll get you there!
- Explore distant places you’ve always longed to visit, while earning competitive pay and enjoying excellent benefits. Some of our healthcare professionals refer to their travel nursing positions as a "working vacation"!
- Take advantage of free, premium housing in attractive neighborhoods, close to your assignment facility. We’ll even arrange your furniture and utilities.
- Accelerate your career by working at a prestigious research facility or a Magnet hospital. Or, if you prefer a quieter pace, you can work at a small, community-based hospital. The choice is yours.
- Travel the country with your best friend, your spouse, your children or even your pet. It’s all possible as a travel nurse!
- Renew your passion for your work while enjoying a balanced, rewarding lifestyle.
- Provide quality patient care, without the hospital politics and management demands.
- Meet new people and create new friendships.
- Choose travel nursing positions in your local area and still enjoy many of the benefits of travel nursing.
Are you ready to embrace the freedom of travel nursing?
Apply online now or call us at (800) 544-7255 to get started.